Several users have reported about Epson error code 0x10 while working with their new Epson printer. But, some users are also receiving this error code while operating with their old Epson printer. This error code can occur due to several reasons. Epson scanner error 0x10 generally indicates that the scanner of the printer is faulty. In the case of an old printer power surges or wear and tear from regular use can cause this issue. Therefore, you need to be aware of the origin of this error so that you can give a try to resolve it.
Causes Of Epson Error Code 0x10
We are jotting down all the possible reasons behind this error code. Have a quick glance:
- Some particles can get stuck inside the printer and cause this error. As a result, it obstructs the scanning mechanism.
- Jamming of the scan head assembly or logic board failure can also give rise to this error code.
- In most of the cases, an internal or hardware fault can be the actual cause of Epson error code 0x10.
- The scanning can fail due to a defective scanner and as a result, this error code crops up.
- Incompatible or damaged printer drivers are some other causes of this issue.
As you have got an idea behind the possible causes of this error, we can move forward with the respective solutions.
Methods To Fix Epson Error Code 0x10
Check the methods mentioned below and try them out to fix this issue.
Perform a physical inspection of the printer
First of all, lift the cover of the scanner and look for any bit of paper, dust or other particles. If you find any unwanted particle, then pick them up carefully. Otherwise, it can have fatal effects on the scanner of your printer. Then restart the printer and if you continue to receive this error code, you need to reset the printer.
Reset the printer
Disconnect Epson printer from the power source and wait for few minutes. Press and hold the power button of the printer for at least a minute. After that reconnect the printer to the source of power. Then restart your printer and scan a document. If the scanning fails, it seems that it has not resolved Epson scanner error code 0x10.
Change the Printer driver
If this error is occurring due to an incompatible or faulty printer driver, then change the driver.
- To replace the driver, at first, turn on both the computer and the printer.
- Set your computer to automatically download the driver software.
- Search your Windows for installation settings and then select ‘Change device installation settings.’
- Click the ‘Yes’ button and save the changes.
- Connect your printer to your computer and let Windows search for a compatible driver.
- If Windows find such a driver, then it will automatically download and install it on your PC.
Internal or hardware fault
Various tools are available on the internet to fix internal or hardware issues. You can download and simply use them to fix Epson error code 0x10. But, if you are not assured of the reliability of these tools, then you can take assistance from our Epson tech experts.
Get 24*7 Technical Help At Your Doorstep
If the solutions we have provided in this article, does not serve your purpose, then contact the experts. Our Epson tech team comprise of skilled and efficient software specialist for providing quality solutions to fix Epson error code 0x10. Apart from this error code, we also deal with other Epson related issues. Therefore, you can get in touch with us for other such issues as well. To avail our service, dial Epson Support Number +1-844-828-5593 or drop a mail at our email ID.